Please welcome Sean Michael with
Personal Best 3
a Going For The Gold novel
Swimmer Mike Gauliet is on his way to an Olympic berth, sitting on the edge of fulfilling his potential and achieving the dreams his coach and lover, Jessy Turner, has for both of them.
All Mike wants to think about is swimming his laps faster than anyone else. Too bad things aren’t going exactly according to plan. Mike’s getting threats, and he’s afraid to tell Jessy and determined to handle things alone.
When the threats escalate to the point where Mike can’t hide them, though, Jessy takes over, moving Mike to a new training location, promising to keep him safe. Mike and Jessy try to go on with business as usual, but someone has such hatred for Mike that it seeps into their everyday life, straining their relationship, making Mike wonder if he even wants to swim anymore. Danger lurks around every corner, in and out of the pool, and while Mike and Jessy work with the police to discover the culprit, one attack leaves their life in shambles. Can Mike and Jessy find their attacker and get Mike back on track to a championship?
First Edition published by Torquere Press, February 2008.
Get the book:
Thank you to My Fiction Nook for hosting me today!
In Personal Best 3, Mike winds up taking care of Jessy after Jessy gets hurt, and it brings to mind some of the little tricks my mom used to do when I wasn’t feeling well. A cold would be soothed by a couple of teaspoons of Jell-O mix dissolved in hot water with a bit of lemon juice added. A flu was warm, flat gingerale – which now that I’m an adult is eww – I hate flat soft drinks – but it was a real treat when I was a kid.
So what are my top five comfort foods now that I’m an adult? Here they are.
5. Chips and Coke – I don’t drink the Coke anymore as it’s totally not good for me, but it used to be whenever I was stressed, I’d take ten minutes to have a Coke and some chips. Hell, just the sound of the can opening would take my stress level down.
4. Grandma’s stuff – ground meat, tomato soup, and elbow macaroni all together. Tastes even better on the second day.
3. French Canadian Pea Soup – thick and tasty, this is a recipe from my mom.
2. Porridge – there’s nothing like porridge on a morning when I’m not feeling well.
1. Grilled cheese and tomato soup – and I’m talking sliced Kraft singles for the cheese, and plain old Campbell’s tomato soup. Plain and simple and like a warm hug.
So those are my comfort foods – what are yours?
smut fixes everything
More about the author:
Best-selling author Sean Michael is a maple leaf–loving Canadian who spends hours hiding out in used book stores. With far more ideas than time, Sean keeps several documents open at all times. From romance to fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi, Sean is limited only by the need for sleep—and the periodic Beaver Tail.
Sean fantasizes about one day retiring on a secluded island populated entirely by horseshoe crabs after inventing a brain-to-computer dictation system. Until then, Sean will continue to write the old-fashioned way.
Promotional post. Materials provided by the author.