Love Over Logic
Diana A. Hicks
(Desert Monsoon #2)
Publication date: November 15th 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Attorney, Emilia Prado has been living in hiding, ever since the local cartel killed her dad and left her and her mom for dead. But when her long lost cousin needs help leaving her drug lord husband, Emilia knows her time for justice has come.
Hot shot lawyer, Dom Moretti never met a case he couldn’t win. Each win puts distance between him and an old life he wants to forget. But when Emilia, a crush from law school, asks for his help, the life he worked so hard for hangs in the balance.
Out to even the score, Emilia is ready to enact revenge on her father’s killer. But will she risk losing Dom to a side of himself he thought was dead and buried?
Hey romance readers of My Fiction Nook, I’m so happy to be here today, sharing my top 10 Books I’ve Read. To keep it simple, I’ll stick with 2018 reads. The fine print…I read romance almost exclusively. I like my books super steamy, my heroes swoony, and my heroines strong and self-motivated. In no particular order because that would be like asking me which one of my kids is my favorite, here are my Top 10 Reads of 2018:
1. The Survival of the Richest by Skye Warren - If you’re looking for a sweet menage. It’s a thing. Ms. Warren delivered on this one.
2. Merciless by Willow Winters - A dark romance not for the faint-hearted
3. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang - This one took me by surprise with a genius heroine and a caring hero. So hot, don’t let the cover fool you.
4. Temptation’s Inferno by Kat Mizera - If you’re looking for a swoony, award-winning, MM romance, this is it.
5. In Between the Earth and Sky by Heidi Hutchinson - A sweet contemporary, loosely based on the life of romance cover model Zack Salaun. Protip: That’s him on the cover. He’s hotter in real life.
6. The Earl Takes All by Lorraine Heath - A super steamy historical, with a forbidden love, enemies to lovers trope.
7. Reckless Hearts Series by Heather Van Fleet - A series about hot ex-marines and a baby. Who doesn’t love hot marines? Holy hotness.
8. Forget Tomorrow Series by Pintip Dunn - This is a sci-fi series with romance built-in. I hope they make it into a movie soon
9. Broken Little Melodies by Jennifer Ann - a Rock romance with all the feels.
10. Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day - She writes all the hot heroes and I want to be her.
Diana A. Hicks is an award-winning author of steamy contemporary romance and science fiction. Her latest release LOVE OVER LATTES, Book 1 in her Desert Monsoon Series, is a 2018 Readers' Favorite Honorable Mention in the Romance - Contemporary genre!
When Diana is not writing, she enjoys kickboxing, traveling, and indulging in the simple joys of life like wine and chocolate. She lives in Atlanta, and loves spending time with her two children and husband.
Connect with Diana on social media to stay up to date on her latest releases.
Promotional post. Materials provided by