Please welcome B.A. Tortuga with
Two Of A Kind
a Dreamspun Desires title
Once upon a time, Trey Williamson and Ap McIntosh had quite the whirlwind romance—but that was before family tragedy left them the guardians of five kids. Their lives have changed quite a bit over the last six years, but Ap is still on the rodeo circuit, doing what he does best in an attempt to feed all those extra mouths.
That leaves Trey back on the ranch, isolated and overworked as the kids’ sole caregiver. Something has to give, and when Ap comes home, they’re reminded how hot they burned once upon a time. But is it a love that can withstand wrangling over time, money, and the future? They have to decide what kind of family they want to be… and whether what they share can stand the test of time.
Get the book:
Top 10 Two of a Kind playlist songs
Hey y’all! I’m BA Tortuga, resident redneck and lover of all things redneck.
Most of you probably know I love to have music to write to. I create playlists with dozens of songs, but there are always a few special ones that anchor the list.
Here are the top ten for Two of a Kind.
10. Amarillo by Morning by George Strait – This one is for rodeo cowboy Ap who’s always on the road, and always missing out on stuff at home
9. Everywhere by Tim McGraw – This one is also for Ap, who sees Trey everywhere on the road
8. Someday Soon by Suzy Boggus – because Trey wants to go out and experience stuff too
7. Cowboy Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks – because Trey would give anything to be with Ap
6. Meanwhile Back at Mama’s by Tim McGraw – Because Ap romanticizes home a lot.
5. Take it Easy by the Eagles – because Ap sings it loud to keep himself awake in the truck
4. Up Down by Morgan Wallen and FGL – because oldest son Cole plays that loud in his truck to impress girls
3. I’ll be Home for Christmas, the Rascal Flats a cappella version. Because Ap always tries to be home for the holidays
2. Top of the World by Tim McGraw – yeah, he features heavily in my playlists, LOL. This one is not the old looking down on creation song. Oh, y’all, promise me you’ll listen to it.
1. Two of a Kind, Workin’ on a Full House by Garth Brooks… y’all didn’t think I would go without Garth did you? Never. And it’s the inspiration for the book. Yee haw!
Much love y’all
About the author:
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy's Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she's not doing that, she's writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA's personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Promotional post. Materials provided by the author.
Post a Comment
Hey, thanks for reading this post. We hope you liked it. Please share your thoughts - we always enjoy hearing from readers.