Please welcome Sean Michael with
The Luckiest Master
Iron Eagle Gym #3
In The Luckiest Master, one of the characters believes that he’s a bad luck charm. Everything he touches gets destroyed and as a result he won’t work at the Iron Eagle Gym and he won’t date Master Day, either. Something that makes Master Day pout. It’s something they have to work through together.
There are an enormous amount of superstitions around the world. Here are some of my favorites.
- In Denmark, they save broken plates all year so they can throw them and their friends’ and families’ houses on New Year’s Eve to bring good luck.
- At midnight on New Year’s Eve, animals can talk for a minute.
- It is bad luck to chase someone with a broom (it isn’t clear if its bad luck for the chaser or the chasee).
- If you catch a falling leaf on the first day of autumn, you will not catch a cold all winter. (I will have to test this one out).
- Share a pillow with a dog, and you will have the same dreams. (Wouldn’t that be fun?)
- And my favorite is from Thailand, where males wear a penis amulet made out of bone or wood (usually small so as not to injure any delicate bits) in their underwear in order to reduce the severity of any injuries or accidents. Some men wear multiples. Seriously.
May you all have good luck!
About the book:
When Master Damien Richardson (Day to his friends) takes over the front desk manager job at the Iron Eagle Gym, he knows he’s going to need an assistant. But finding the right person for the job is harder than he thought it would be. When he meets Saw, he thinks he’s found the solution to all his problems, and maybe something more.
Sawyer Whitehead lost his master to a tragic car accident some years ago, and since then one opportunity after another has gone sour on him. Thoroughly convinced he’s cursed and a jinx to everything and everyone he touches, he refuses to officially become Day’s assistant because he knows that as soon as he does, something terrible will happen. He’s even more determined not to get involved with Day, despite his attraction, because it would kill him to be responsible for tragedy befalling the lovely man.
Day must convince Saw that he’s not cursed and that together, they can face any challenge that comes their way—in both their professional and personal partnerships.
Get the book:
About the author:
Best-selling author Sean Michael is a maple leaf–loving Canadian who spends hours hiding out in used book stores. With far more ideas than time, Sean keeps several documents open at all times. From romance to fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi, Sean is limited only by the need for sleep—and the periodic Beaver Tail.
Sean fantasizes about one day retiring on a secluded island populated entirely by horseshoe crabs after inventing a brain-to-computer dictation system. Until then, Sean will continue to write the old-fashioned way.
Promotional post. Materials provided by the author.