Please say hello to Amy Lane and
Manny Get Your Guy
The Mannies #2
A Dreamspun Desires title
Available July 1st, 2017
Available July 1st, 2017
Starting over and falling in love.
Tino Robbins’s sister, Nica, and her husband, Jacob, are expecting their fifth child. Fortunately, Nica’s best friend, Taylor Cochran, is back in town, released from PT and in need of a job.
After years in the service and recovering from grave injury, Taylor has grown a lot from the callow troublemaker he’d been in high school. Now he’s hoping for a fresh start with Nica and her family.
Jacob’s cousin Brandon lives above the garage and thinks “Taylor the manny” is a bad idea. Taylor might be great at protecting civilians from a zombie apocalypse, but is he any good with kids?
Turns out Taylor’s a natural. As he tries to fit in, using common sense and dry wit, Brandon realizes that Taylor doesn’t just love their family—he’s desperate to be part of it. And just like that, Brandon wants Taylor to be part of his future.
Get the book:
The Moment When
Manny Get Your Guy features a guy who ends up taking care of his best friend’s four kids when she gets pregnant with a fifth. Taylor isn’t a stranger to kids—in fact, he grew up with his friend’s family, and was one of the older kids taking care of the younger kids at some point in time. In my family, that’s the way of things. If you’re an older kid, you take care of the younger ones. If you’re a younger one, you know your turn is coming.
Oh yeah—Taylor’s turn is coming.
Now I’ve had kids—four, thankfully, not five or six. But even with four, there are specific moments when you realize you are totally and completely outnumbered.
For example, the moment when…
- You don’t care who started it, you don’t care who’s right, you don’t care who hit who, but so help you God if you hear one more sound out of either of those two fighting kids you will sell their bodies to science.
- You stand your eldest on guard in your bedroom, to make sure you get five minutes in your bathroom in peace.
- You compose a mental letter of thanks to the person who invented pizza bites.
- You swing wildly back and forth between thinking SpongeBob is a god of five minutes of peace and the unholy beast sent to torment you for sins committed as a child.
- You drag your kid to the grocery store in a dirty onesie to buy laundry detergent.
- You find yourself screaming, “You can’t do that to the dog either!”
- You open your kid’s bedroom door with every intention of cleaning it, only to slam it behind you, heart pounding, cold sweat breaking, mumbling the words, “I’ll let the anthropologists sort it out in 200 years. Those people don’t judge and they have hazmat suits.”
- You throw all four kids into the backyard and tell them to find something to do and report back to you in fifteen minutes, just so you can remember what was for dinner and who has to go to which activity next.
- Speaking of activities, that moment when you end up at the Tuesday/Thursday karate class with the Monday/Wednesday soccer player or vice versa.
- You arrive at work and hear, “Mommy, aren’t we going to daycare?” because you forgot that little stop on the way.
- You spend ten minutes interrogating your kids to see who hasn’t bathed in days and then realize it’s you, cause dammit, they wouldn’t get out of the bathroom!
Oh, there’s more—so much more. But Taylor doesn’t know that—not when he begins. Taylor’s a veteran though—tough minded, practical, and, above all, afraid of his best friend. He’s not going to screw this assignment up no matter how rough things get.
That’s what makes him so damned attractive to Brandon ;-)
Also available - The Virgin Manny
About the author:
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness.
Feel free to visit her at her website or her blog, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail until her head swells and she can no longer leave the house. Amy can also be found on Twitter.
Blog Tour Dates:
- June 24 - MM Good Book Reviews
- June 27 - My Fiction Nook
- June 28 - Open Skye Book Reviews
- July 1 - Boy Meets Boy
- July 3 - Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- July 5 - Love Bytes
- July 6 - Long and Short Reviews
Promotional post. Materials provided by the author.